Do something about it!
Bowen Therapy with
Dorn Spinal Therapy
Member of the Bowen Therapists Association of Victoria
Benefits may be claimed from many private health funds
Briefly, for German Readers: Hätten Sie's gern auf deutsch?
Für generelle Information über Bowen Therapie auf deutsch, klicken Sie bitte die Webseite der ISBT-Deutschland an: http://www.bowen-therapie.info
Leaf Bunion Cream
Über die Bunion Cream können Sie unter Leaf Special Products bei Bunion Cream, Oils and Lotions auch Information in deutscher Sprache finden.
Wenn Sie mehr darüber oder auch über mich erfahren möchten, klicken Sie bitte auf Contact und schreiben Sie mir – auch auf deutsch – eine E-Mail. Ich werde mich gern bei Ihnen melden.
What is Bowen Therapy?
The Bowen Moves loosen the tissue, initiating a relaxation of the muscle (probably through rehydration), paving the way for a re-alignment of the body. They reduce nerve pressure and promote healing. For more information go to " A Closer Look - F.A.Q ." (and scroll down to Why and how does Bowen Therapy work? or The importance of water and How does Bowen Therapy create greater flexibility/mobility?)
What is it used for?
• Muscle and joint problems, e.g. tennis elbow, painful shoulders, arms and hands
• General or specific stiffness in the body
• Restricted movement in upper or lower back, hips, legs or feet; bunions
• Exhaustion/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome/Glandular fever
• Lymphatic Drainage
• Asthma, hay fever, sinus problems or congestion
What is a Bowen Therapy treatment like?
• Bowen Therapy is suited to all age groups: the frail or elderly, middle aged and the very young. It is very gentle.
• Your treatment usually lasts approximately an hour or a little more. Some treatments only require 30 minutes.
• Bowen Moves may be applied through clothing, but are best given directly to the skin. You will be covered by towels at all times and kept warm. Oils are not used. For more information go to " A Closer Look - F.A.Q ." (and scroll down to What is Bowen Therapy like? and/or Does it hurt?)
What are Dorn Spinal Therapy and Emmett Technique?
These two therapy forms fit in very nicely with the way I use Bowen Therapy.
Emmett Technique is sometimes very much like Bowen Therapy and yet sometimes it is so subtle, that you almost can't tell a move has been made. In those instances, it appears to me to work energetically. However, some spectacular changes can occur.
Dorn Spinal Therapy, on the other hand, is more robust and it requires client participation. Frequently, the changes can be felt immediately – sometimes even during application.
I use Bowen Therapy most of the time. The resulting rehydration of the connective tissue appears to initiate improvement very well. However, sometimes I introduce Dorn Spinal Therapy or Emmett Technique into the treatment plan – often with very pleasing results.
Each time a client comes, we re-assess progress and decide on the day, which combination to choose.
On average, my treatments are 80% Bowen Therapy. If you want pure Bowen Therapy, just let me know!
For more information go to " A Closer Look - F.A.Q ." (and scroll down to What about "Dorn" and "Emmett"?)
How many treatments?
The number of treatments varies, but to address specific issues usually 2, 3 or 4 treatments are given one week apart. Bowen Therapy aims to extend the times between treatments as soon as practical and – as a rule – fresh ailments respond faster than older, "well established" or chronic ones. For more information go to " A Closer Look - F.A.Q ." (and scroll down to How many treatments are necessary?)